Over twenty years experience in healthcare and allied health in both military and civilian settings. Analyzes, writes, and edits highly customized news briefings on a range of topics. Experienced with multiple computer systems, languages, and software products including BASH, Python, and HTML/XML. Develops and creates instructional materials for medical, technical, and literary settings. Facilitates formal and informal instruction in one-on-one, small group, online, and classroom settings in academic, military, and corporate settings. Performs qualitative and quantitative research and analysis. Contributes to open source programming projects and their documentation.
Analyst, Cision/Bulletin Intelligence, Chicago IL. 2022-
- Analyze, write, and edit highly customized news briefings on a range of topics, including public policy initiatives, legislation, consumer insights, financial earnings, industry trends, and new product developments for core briefings sent to c-suite executives and select employees.
Traveling Nuclear Medicine Technologist, Titan Medical, Omaha, NE. 2022-2022
- Explained medical procedures to patients and answered any questions they may have.
- Followed safety procedures to protect the patients and staff from unnecessary radiation exposure.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist, Miami Valley Hospital, Dayton OH. 2002-2021
- Revised and standardized department procedures to comply with current medical literature and in compliance with multiple regulatory bodies and increase comprehension for new personnel.
- Designed and evaluated survey instruments used to assess the impact of management initiatives on employee perceptions.
- Independently modernized and maintained internal web site for employee use in a production environment, optimizing access to standards across two campuses and three departments.
- Developed medical computer user interfaces for staff, increasing efficiency while respecting user technological ability.
- Designed user guides and executed training of over twenty staff members on new equipment and software in a civilian medical production environment.
- Conducted independent research to verify physician queries, leading to reduced patient radiation exposure and increased sensitivity and specificity of studies.
- Experience with multiple medical computer systems---including EPIC and PACS/RIS systems---from an array of vendors on multiple operating systems.
- Developed, implemented, and analyzed quality control programs, resulting in 26.5% reduction of documentation errors.
- Developed optimization of department schedule providing increased continuity of care while reducing staffing requirements by 50%.
Owner, Alliteration Ink Publishing, Dayton OH. 2011-2019
- Performed and presented analysis of survey data examining trends with author's first novel sales.
- Maintained an effective targeted direct marketing mailing list following best ethical practices.
- Used knowledge of XML and metadata formats for digital publication and distribution.
- Utilized multiple languages and markup syntax on various operating systems to complete projects with existing codebases or regulatory restrictions.
- Authored multiple non-fiction articles on business, academic, and technological topics for professional publication.
- Led and participated in numerous panel discussions at regional topical conferences.
- Created and evaluated marketing materials to reach a diverse range of target audiences via social media.
- Developed, designed, and maintained website for a small publisher, including interface with eCommerce solution.
- Developed, negotiated, and executed contracts with 15-25 subcontractors in multiple publishing projects with an emphasis on diverse voices.
Programming Director, Context Convention, Fanaco Inc, Columbus OH. 2013-2014
- Determined content needs for over 200 attendees and recruited over 50 international subject matter experts for a three-day literary conference.
- Developed a programming schedule in collaboration with all stakeholders, balancing the needs of multiple diverse audiences
- Assessed effectiveness of training presented at a three-day conference and further needs for the target audience
Adjunct Faculty, Wright State University, Dayton OH. 2011-2012
- Developed and verified a survey instrument assessing prejudice within a post-secondary institution and to assess the effectiveness of ongoing interventions.
- Instructed, guided, and supervised 129 students in developing and executing original research projects.
- Designed and executed qualitative research projects uncovering and evaluating unrealized needs of marginalized populations in an academic setting.
- Redesigned research methods course to increase student motivation, participation, and comprehension including the pre-pandemic use of distance learning techniques to provide instruction.
- Performed single and multi-site IRB certified quantitative research projects assessing the needs of non-traditional students.
Supervisor, Nuclear Medicine Department, U.S. Army, Fort Leonard Wood, MO. 2000-2002
- Evaluated efficiency of patient scheduling, increasing patient load by 75% without increasing man-hours.
- Created informational patient handouts based on feedback from all stakeholders, increasing patient compliance.
- Served as Technology and Security Officer with responsibility for 11 computer workstations.
- Adapted medical, educational, and technical guides to communicate detailed processes in clear terms to laypersons.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist, U.S. Army, Fort Leonard Wood, MO. 1999-2000
- Initiated and performed retrospective reviews of patient studies validating physician referrals.
- Coordinated ongoing inservice training for personnel in the medical imaging department in a military environment.
- Master of Arts in Applied Behavioral Science, Wright State University, 03/2011
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, Wright State University, 06/2009
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist School, Naval School Of Health Sciences, 08/1999
- Leadership Development Course, NCO Academy, Ft. Knox, 03/1997
- Radiologic Technologist School, Academy of Health Sciences, 06/1995
- "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Ideas?: Making Speculative Fiction Speculative "- Feb 2014 from Tarcher/Penguin Now Write! Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror: Speculative Genre Exercises from Today's Best Writers and Teachers.
- "Securing Your Online Life," SFWA Bulletin 205, Summer 2013
- "Digital Publishing Overview," SFWA Bulletin 195, Fall 2011
- So You Want to Make an eBook, July 2011
- "I'll Pencil You In:Perceptions and Class Schedules for the Older Student," Teaching/Learning Matters, 37:1, Summer 2008
- "Camelot is Only a Model:Scientific Literacy in the 21st Century," SEED Magazine, September/October 2007
- ISTQB, Certified Tester Foundation Level
- BLS AHT-1643307193-6416-7296
- CNMT, NMTCB Certified 022334, Pass With Highest Distinction
- R. T. (N) (ARRT) Certified 348820, Pass With Distinction